Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Renovations

I recieved a phone call during my Thanksgiving vacation from my apartment manager. The units above me and directly next to me have been having problems with their water. (We've all been there.) My manager notifies me, as always that workers will be entering the apartment to work on the pipes. I say OK and think nothing of it.

So, I came home from Thanksgiving Vacation and this is what I find:



Yes, that's my bathroom. Yes, the wall is being covered by construction paper. Yes, that's a garbage bag covering the shower side of the wall. Yes, it looks like a 3rd grade class decided to do an art project on my bathroom wall.

You know what's funny....I guess being so stressed out about work, my bathroom almost feels like an after thought. I mean, everyday, there's more than three companies announcing layoffs. All the functions of the bathroom work - toilet, sink, shower, etc. It's more like an eyesore if anything. I followed up with my apt. manager this morning and she's waiting on the Apt. company to give the go ahead to fix the bathroom. With all the uncertainty out there in the working world, I haven't had even had time to worry about the bathroom that works, but is not so cute to look at. That'll just wait on the back burner. For, now.

No comments: